Wednesday 21 November 2012


In this photo I have used a range of effects to create a realistic looking piece of street art entirely on Adobe Photoshop.  I started off by selecting the original image and cropping around the things that I wanted to use by using the Polygon Lasso Tool. Next, I went onto Filter Gallery and added the Note Paper effect; the effect which I have used to create the silhouette. I then got a picture of a white wall from Google Images and set it as the background and also added the text by using the Text Tool. A significant part of the image is the street name at the top. The street name "Main Street" has been used because of Banksy's career. This is because when he first started he was alone and was technically a criminal whereas now, his work is worth thousands and has even been purchased by celebrities such as Christina Aguilera. The street name ties is because of the phrase "main stream" and the street name "main street". I have done this as a practise for my final design as they tie together.
 
 
credit to: alarm-magazine.com for the original image of Banksy.

No comments:

Post a Comment